It’s a fact; we all love screaming through the mud on our bike, but sometimes that dirt splatter can be a little tough to wear. Our clever Technical Lead, Jimmy, has pulled together an easy step-by-step guide to create mudguards, for use with our GMX+ or GXR (Kevin) forks. This is the perfect project for those with the DIY spirit.
Below you’ll find a list of materials needed, how to instructions, plus the patterns available for download for both the front and rear mudguard. We have also included a couple of videos to show correct attachment to your bike!
Let us know how your mudguards turn out! Tag us with @curvecycling, and use the hashtag #craftswithjimmy in your photos.
1. Polypropylene sheet (A3, 0.6mm thick) buy at Eckersleys HERE
2. Craft knife & sharp scissors
3. Drill (4mm) - helps with the tight inside corners and the holes for cable ties
4. Block of wood (or something you can drill into)
5. Cable ties (4 x for the rear mudguard)
6. Velcro 4 pieces (12-20mm wide, approx. 200mm long) link HERE
7. Sticky tape or masking tape
8. The two mudguard template pdfs - Front | Rear