Join us for a spirited 40 km social ride around Adelaide! To celebrate the highlight of Australia's summer of cycling we're bringing Melbourne's infamous Belgie ride to Adelaide for the Tour Down Under. Bring your sense of adventure for this one and expect anything and everything. The course will include gravel roads, smooth bitumen through leafy suburbs, bike paths, a little non-technical single track, some dirt tracks and a few pinch climbs. While CX bikes will be most comfortable, road bikes will be fine and probably more fun! I'll be on my Curve Cycling Belgie with 25s.
Due to the terrain, you'll need some luck to get through without a bit of "adventure". Punctures have been a factor in previous outings. To improve your chances make sure you bring some robust tyres and a couple of spare tubes.
After the ride it's a tradition for us to get together and share a few laughs and maybe one or two war stories over a beer (sports drink) and some food. We'll publish a location for this closer to the time. Hey, even if you don't want to ride, join us for a few beers and say g'day! I'm super excited about this one. Could it be the toughest Belgie yet? We'll find out soon!
- Event Page: www.facebook.com/events/777650772366511/
- When: Thursday 21 Jan 2016
- Time: Meet at 5:00 pm for some pre-ride beverages. We'll roll out at 5:30 pm sharp. You won't need lights for the ride but bring some commuter lights if you're going to stay up late with us
- Post-ride: We'll be having beer and food somewhere. Location TBC
- Distance: approx 40 km
- Route: We'll publish the route for you to download closer to the time
- Duration: 1.5 - 2 hrs
- Pace: We'll roll in two groups. A fast group will ride fast and re-group occasionally. Another group will ride at a friendlier pace and re-group more frequently. We'll post the route up closer to the time so you can follow the course at your own pace. Of course feel free to tear everyone's legs off if you can navigate the route yourself.