We don't need to explain why Matt Falconer is a legend, so we'd thought we'd let him tell you himself.
"After selling my car and taking up cycling in 2011, I fell in love with riding a bike again. Without a car for transport, it became the heart of my life, allowing me to travel around, make new friends and opened the world up to what is possible on two wheels.
In 2015 I undertook my first ultra bike race, the Transcontinental Race, travelling 4,000 km from Belgium to Turkey, and found the love of the freedom that you get travelling across continents by bike. Since then, I've picked up a Curve Belgie Spirit completing the TCR two more times, recently finishing the 2018 race in 2nd place. I've also started to explore the world of dirt on a Curve GXR aka 'Kevin', having just completed the Italy Divide."
- St. Davids, Pembrokeshire, Wales. The smallest city in Europe.
- Birdman, derived from the falconry in the surname
- Instagram & Twitter
- Favourite Ride
Anything in the Surrey Hills, with mates, and must include an ice cream stop. It does not need to be sunny.
- 3 time Transcontinental Race finisher - 2018: 2nd, 2017: 5th, 2016: 12th
- 2 time Italy Divide finisher 2019: 7th, 2018 19th (on a Belgie Spirit)
- 2 time winner at the Hillingdon World Championship 4th Cats
- Revolve 24 - 24 hour races:
- 2015: 8 man team relay: 3rd
- 2016: 4 man team relay: 4th
- 2017: 4 man team relay: 2nd (team of 3)
- 2018: Solo 24h